Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Wednesday Evening 8:00

Today, the 3rd day of chemo, went much better than the 2nd dose.
 
Yesterday, after breaking a fever in the morning,  Kathy's temp went over 102 while getting infused in the p.m. so we stayed an extra 60-90 minutes and took advantage of some extra saline hydration. 
 
Seems like the chills, fever, sweats, nausea, and headaches show up when they feel like it.
 
Today, a headache and low-grade, short-lived fever were the most noticeable bumps.  We even went for a drive through the Kasota prairie just to enjoy the late afternoon October weather.
 
Hope all of you smelled a flower or two as well.
 
John

2 comments:

  1. Kathy, I got to spend some time with you last night! It was an epic dream, and I kind of feel it was a gift, as it was just so real. You were sick in the dream, but you were perky at the same time, much like when I saw you last in Mankato.

    I'm so happy you and John got in a little drive. Sounds like a pleasant experience, what with the autumn colors. It's been rainy here.

    I hope and pray you have many, many good days, and that lovely road trips are in your journey.

    I love you, sizzler.

    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almost everything I know, every notion I've ever entertained or bet the rent money on, every feeling - funny or suspicious, or gut-primed true, has been turned on its ass since you got sick. The only thing I am sure of is that I love you with everything I've got.

    ReplyDelete