Saturday, October 15, 2011

Update for Saturday, October 15

Hi! Megan here again. We just have a quick update today because it was a relatively uneventful day. At least it has been so far. I feel like I need to add the "so far" because we never know what it's going to be like five minutes from now.

Mom made it through the day (so far) with no fever. She also got a unit of blood and a bag of platelets. She had a little more energy today and even went for a walk with Dad around the hospital floor.

So that's about it for today. Keep your fingers crossed, knock on wood, sacrifice a small goat--whatever it takes so that Mom can have another good day tomorrow.

I'm just kidding about the goat. Any animal would work, really.

No, I'm kidding. Please don't hurt any animals on Mom's behalf.

Love,

Megan

5 comments:

  1. Keep on keepin' on! It was so good to hear Mom's voice today. I'm so used to talking to either her or Dad every day, so I love it when it seems like normal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad it's been good "so far". Thinking good healing thoughts....

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Twas music to my ears speaking with you, Kathy. You sounded SO GOOD. Like Terri, I'm grateful for a "good so far" kind of day. I pray Sunday was good so far as well.

    I love you, Kath.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was like always talking to you, Birk: a little politics, a bit of gossip, some self deprecating humor, bitter criticism of life in general, a lot of opinionating and advice from my end. Megan must know that we have about 10 chickens that have stopped laying eggs to offer up. I think that should do it.

    I love you so much.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quinn is very anxious to meet you. I hope today finds you feeling better than the last and we'll be able to visit you soon. Rachel, Quinn and I will continue sending loving thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete