Monday, April 16, 2012

Hi, I'm jacking this site.

Hey folks.  Rebekah here.  I've hi-jacked my mom's blog (with her blessing) to say a few words. 

I. love. my. mom.

There.  I said it.  The few words that mean so much to me.

I've had the pleasure of being able to spend some time with my mom over the past week.  I've missed that.  She's my rock and a dear friend.  Whenever we get together, laughter abounds.  I used to spend a lot of time with her.  But over the years, my own family obligations (and then her health) made it more difficult.  It's not like we live that far apart (Mankato to Apple Valley is quite a do-able distance), but life just gets in the way.  I would get oh-so-jealous when I'd hear about my sister's pop-in visits with Mom and Dad.  So I feel a little special that they are now in my backyard and that I got to spend this time with her before she becomes unavailable.  And I'm glad my kids got to come along on those visits so they could spend some quality time with Grandma and make those memories.

As mom mentioned in her previous post, one of our outings involved me taking pictures of her.  She looks fabulous - with hair and without.  Cora, my oldest, sure gets a kick out of Grandma's bald head.  It makes her laugh a big hearty belly laugh every time.  Ruby's not so sure about it (she's told Grandma on more than one occasion to put her head back on), but she loves the hats Grandma has.

Anyway, I wanted to share some of the photos with you all.   Enjoy!

Love, Rebekah







14 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL, Beautiful Pictures! You look absolutely fabulous because as always, you have the best, most contagious smile! Your love and energy shows in your face...regardless of whether you have hair or not! (Nice Job, Bekah!)! You are talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking about how we pay tribute to people we love. Bekah has let her mom know through a camera lens how much she loves her. I guess I try to express it through poems and I say that with apologies to Keats and Yeats and the Beatles.

    “K” is for the kindness she gives me,
    “A” means always I will love her,
    “T” is for the tenderness she shows me,
    “H” is for her heart so pure;
    “L” is for her laughter, so easily shared.
    “E” means for ever and
    “Ever” we are sister
    “N” is for how much I need her.
    Put them all together and they spell “Kathleen”
    A word that means to me the “Queen”.

    ~Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sis. It's nice being Queen. Ha!Ha! Love you.

      Delete
  3. Wow! Thanks Bekah! The pictures are beautiful. What a day brightener. That wonderful smile touches my heart. Kathy once captioned some "penny pictures" of me from jr hi. I was thinking of what captions I would put with these pictures. Thought of a few, some a little naughty and maybe a bit saucy. You have certainly captured your mom's spirit. Her joy for life jumps out at you!
    Kathy, you done good with this girl!
    Love to you all, Maryetta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please...share those captions, especially the saucy ones!
      Love you.

      ~Kathy

      Delete
  4. Bekah, I am struck by your mom's beauty. You captured her essence perfectly in your portraits. Your mom is a larger than life personality, which you portrayed through the eyes of your camera. Good job!

    Kathy, tomorrow is a big day. All I can do is pray for you. I love you with all my heart.

    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bekah's good, isn't she? We had such a fun day.

      Love you.
      ~Kathy

      Delete
  5. Thanks Bekah for the beautiful pictures of your beautiful Mom. The pictures certainly captured the different sides of her. Great job. Love, Anne McQuaid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had such a wonderful time at the photo shoot. You know what? I kind of like being bald. Makes showering and primping a whole lot easier!

      Love you.
      ~Kathy

      Delete
  6. Bekah, thanks for sharing the pictures -- they're great!!! Kathy, cap? Hair? No hair? Makes no difference. Your smile, your generous heart, your sensitivity, your grace, your sparkle all shine through. They cause all of us to smile with you!

    Love to all y'all . . . --k(mk)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I aim to please. I just came across the photos taken of you and Doris the last time we had liver at 1040. MMMMM, yummy liver!

      Love you.
      ~Kathy

      Delete
  7. Bekah the pictures are great and Kathy you are a beautiful woman in all the views. I think of you everyday. Tomorrow is a big day and
    I will be praying for you. You are a wonderful example for us all. Keep up your spirit and positive attitude.
    Love to you whole family. Joyce Neyers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyce,
      So good to hear from you. Thanks for your support. By the way, that floral cabin quilt you quilted is being donated to a silent auction at a gala benefiting the Hope Lodge. I think it's also online. I'll try to get the info to you. Remind me if I forget.
      Love,
      Kathy

      Delete