Monday, April 2, 2012

Aloha!

I love the Hawaiian greeting because it means both hello and good-bye.  The time is drawing near for me to close up shop here in the blogosphere.  By April 16, we should be pretty well set up on Caringbridge.  We'll keep you posted as  best we can.

This is the week for head shaving.  Last week I cut my hair (maybe chopped is a more precise verb) so my wig actually fits and feels better.  If I feel brave, I might even photograph myself sporting the Mr. Clean look.  It should be a real side-splitter.

My blood counts were low today, so tomorrow I will have a transfusion.  This should be my last one before we head to the U.  It will give me an opportunity to say good-bye to the wonderful nurses at Camp Dracula.  This morning I was able to say farewell to the caregivers (and a few patients who have become friends) in Chemo Bay.  Heartfelt hugs were handed out with little concern about white counts.  We promised to stay in touch.

I feel so fortunate that Spring came early this year and I was able to witness the rebirth of the natural world.  I'm going to take it as an omen.

Aloha until we meet again.

Love,
Kathy

4 comments:

  1. Kathy, I am with you in spirit every step of the way. Love you loads my friend. Anne McQuaid

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder how many people will see your newest entry, considering it and the last one were posted so close together in time! Kathy, I will miss your blog; it is one of the highlights of my day, sitting down to my computer to seek one out. I love your thoughts, and I love the way you express them.

    I noticed that you wrote replies to all the entries in your last blog. That is a lot of work and I treasure mine.

    I love you so much.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aloha, Aunt Kathy

    We will say "hello" again. I'm certain.

    Love, Elizabuffy

    ReplyDelete