Monday, September 26, 2011

Another Update

Hello Again.
 
Just a quick update on a busy five days.
 
Thursday--We spent the whole day at Andreas Cancer Center.  The transfusion took longer than expected because of an antibody/antigen issue.
 
Friday--Same Day Surgery.  The port is in (hooray).  Friday evening, Kathy felt especially good.  We hoped to visit her Quilt Club's retreat in Sleepy Eye on Saturday.
 
Saturday--Gradually less energy through the day.  Sick in the night, sicker Sunday morning.  Fever and upset stomach and chills and nausea and general unsteadiness took turns or partnered to prevent us from doing anything.
 
Sunday Afternoon--Off to the ER (almost needed an ambulance to get her there)  The ER Doctor thought she needed to be in the hospital to stabilize her condition.  We agreed.  Too much doctoring for my skill level plus the possibility that pneumonia was the mayhem behind the scenes.
 
Sunday night--Kathy was feeling better.  The blood bags were being attached around 9:30 and she was in a dozing mood, so I headed for home (only 2 blocks away, fortunately).
 
Needless to say (but I made a living saying the needless, so I can't stop myself) the frequent transfusions require the words that my Irish wife said would only appear occasionally in her blog. (Kathy taught me those words and conducted review lessons whenever necessary. I have learned them very well, but won't use them in this venue until she says I can.) 
 
Thanks,
John

3 comments:

  1. You forgot to mention that she was able to enjoy a brief visit with her two daughters on Saturday night. I'm so grateful that I was able to spend just a little time with her, though I do wish it could have been more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Uncle John. I check the blog regularly for updates. Please know I'm here caring and thinking about you and Kathy and my cousins in this difficult and scary time. I wish for the best days ahead, hope for the best days ahead, and know there will be best days ahead. With love, Elizabuffy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, John, for your update. Kath, hang in there. Everyone is rooting for you, and my boys ask about you all the time. They know you love them, and they love you. This is a real love fest, isn't it?!

    Love,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete