Friday, November 18, 2011

11/19/11

After having a good Wednesday that got better as the day went on, Kathy went from bad to worse on Thursday. The chills arrived while reading the morning paper, then the fever.  We finally made it to the scheduled blood draw at 2:00 but the nurses couldn't eliminate the fever either.  I think it was in the 103-104+ range.


So, back to the hospital.  They used cold cloths or ice packs when it spiked around 2 a.m. and when I got there at 8 a.m. she was fever free.  Let's hope it stays away so we can start Round 2 of the chemo on Monday (scheduled for Nov. 21,22,23,25,28,29,30.


Kathy did have some toast and bacon for breakfast and then needed to sleep. I'll try to update this tonight or tomorrow.


John

6 comments:

  1. Is Kathy still in the hospital then John? Sending best wishes for fever-freedom and on to the next round of the chemo. Hugs to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh damn. I'm sorry to hear about the fever. But I so appreciate the updates on this blog. I think of you guys daily and am interested to know how things are going. Hey, thanks for your sweet note, Kathy. Mary O.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really appreciate the updates. Thanks. Hang in there, Kathy, Love you, Anne McQuaid

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're glad to hear that nasty fever has gone away. We are sending prayers that you will be up to round 2 of chemo next week. Thanks for the updates John, you are both in our thoughts. Nancy & Jim

    ReplyDelete
  5. I simply cannot imagine what it must be like to have a fever that hovers in the 104 degrees range. You are my hero for braving these fevers and chills out. Am so hoping you can keep your chemo schedule. Kathy and John, you are both in my prayers during this difficult time.
    Love,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. John, I have been following Kathy's blog. I understand some of what you are going through. Keep the faith and my prayers are for the Dorn family. Rome Van R

    ReplyDelete